June 27, 2015 Meet-Up
Meeting called to order.
Business: Dues are $15 for the year and due in June. Next meet up will be a demo from Maggie on the moth necklace. It may actually take two meet ups to complete. You will need to bring Kato Black 2 packages for this adventure and you will also need some scrap clay to make your mold. There may be other things you will need to bring as well but Kato clay is required for the final moth so prepare early on.
For those who updated your address and contact forms a new listing will be available at the July meeting.
A big welcome to Delores who has decided to join our group.
Today's demo was given by Jennie on Kumihimo. What a great lesson. Jennie supplied all that was needed to learn the method and even brought supplies in case we wanted to make purchases. We learned the basic method and also how to add beads and finally how to finish our pieces. Everyone was busy at the meet up and the time flew by. We all learned plenty and there may be a bit of carry over to next meeting in case more finishing needs to happen. Jennie has volunteered to be available for help to do the finishing next meet up if needed. Thanks Jennie for carrying all that stuff for us and providing us with instruction and items to purchase if wanted. Bring your finished pieces to show next meet up!
Attendees: Jennie, Cheryl, Maggie, Nancy, Laurie, Linda, Patti, Julie, Delores
Saturday, June 20, 2015
Kumihimo Supply List
Please bring any of these items if you have them.
- Rat tail or any supplies such as cords, threads you may have around and that you want to use. (I will provide free 1mm and 2mm Rattail for a basic braid for each of you)
- Kumihimo Disk. Most of you have one, but if you do not, I will bring some for you to purchase. If one of my disks is not in use, you are more than welcome to use it without having to purchase one. If any of you have extras, and would not mind letting a fellow guild member use it, please bring it.
- Long Needles,Clon or Slon cord, and Beads(this is only for the people that want to learn beaded Kumihimo)
- Caps and Clasps if you have something in mind that you want to use. I will provide a freebie set for everyone in the guild
- 20 GA wire. Enough will be provided for you to cap your project.
- Tools- such as pliers, scissors, crimper, sewing thread, sewing needles. I will have extra tools for those who do not have them.